Environmental Social Governance (ESG)
Kensington's Sustainability Strategy
Kensington sees environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) factors as key to its long-term performance and as a result, the firm is integrating ESG into its Business Strategy. In the last year, ESG impact has become integral to the company’s strategy, its lending operations, its funding programmes and overall, to Kensington’s culture.
In August 2020, Kensington defined and publicly released its first set of ESG targets for its 2020/2021 Financial Year; it was also a first for a specialist mortgage lender in the UK. As a business, we will all support these targets through the work we do each day, and we will be measuring them on an annual basis so that we can publicly report on the progress we’re making in each area in 2021.
Kensington’s ESG framework brings together key initiatives from across the firm into one cohesive set of targets to help ensure that the firm is creating a positive impact in both its workplace and the wider community.
Why is an ESG policy so important for Kensington?
- It's the right thing for us to do
- They are fundamentally important to the overall purpose of Kensington and provide a clear blueprint for our Company's future and strategic direction
- They are increasingly important for new and existing colleagues
- They form part of the decisions made by investors that have increased their commitment to responsible investment
- They are critical to long-term growth and help to drive competitive success.
- They can attract consumers who want to buy goods or services from a socially responsible brand.
Innovating in Green mortgages to improve energy efficiency in existing UK homes, and an internal focus on climate change.Learn More
Committed to improving financial inclusion, celebrating the diversity of our colleagues & being actively involved in their wellbeing.LEARN MORE
A robust Management and Governance framework to manage risk through our data protection, governance and corporate risk structures.LEARN MORE