Fair Processing Notice
Kensington Mortgage Company Limited
Fair Processing Notice (“FPN”)
This document sets out how and why we process data about you, the reasons for doing so, and sets out your rights relating to Data Protection legislation.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018 (together “the Data Protection Legislation”), we are the data controller of the information we collect and use about you.
1. We get information about you in different ways, for example:
- information you give us or other companies in our group when you register on this site or at other times;
- what we or other companies in our group learn from our relationship with you;
2. We may use information about you to:
- refresh the information we already have about you;
- set up and run our relationship with you;
- help run and improve our business;
- market other products to you where we have your consent;
- meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority;
- protect our interests;
- carry out assessment and analysis.
3. We may give information about you to:
- affiliates and other businesses in our group, to use in the same ways as us;
- people giving you or us services (for example professional advisers, insurers, analytic and market research firms and people funding us), to use as reasonably needed for those services;
- people giving you advice/your advisers (including but not limited to accountants, lawyers or other professional advisers) where authorised by you;
- anyone we reasonably think we should (or can) give the information as required by law;
- our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, and its successors and industry bodies;
- Fraud Prevention Agencies, the police and any other relevant law enforcement agency.
Please note, if we give someone information about you, we will (as appropriate) ask them to keep the information confidential and safe.
4. Special category data
If we need to use special category data about you for the purpose of dealing with you, we will ask you first if we are going to do this. Special category data may include information, or can be inferred from the data, relating to your health or religion.
5. Criminal records and offences data
If we need to use criminal records and offences data about you for the purpose of dealing with you, we will ask you first if we are going to do this.
6. Our legal basis for processing your data
In most cases our use of your personal data is necessary for the administration of our relationship with you or for the purposes of our legitimate interest in running our business. However sometimes we process your information because we have a legal obligation to do so. In other cases we will ask for your consent before we process your data.
7. Transferring information overseas
All countries in the European Economic Area (including the UK) have similar standards of legal protection for information about you. We may give the information to people in countries outside the European Economic Area which are not considered to have the same level of data protection as in the EU. If we do this, we will require the people with whom we share your information to protect it to at least UK standards (for example by imposing contractual obligations on them).
Should you wish to know more about how data is protected please contact us using the details below.
8. Your Data, Your Rights
You may exercise several rights in relation to the data we process about you. These are:
8.1 Access to your Personal Data:
We will tell you whether we process personal data concerning you, and provide you with the required information about that processing, as well as a copy of the personal data. There is no charge for this, unless the request is disproportionate or excessive, or if you request additional copies. If you wish to exercise this right, please use our online form, or telephone on +44 (0) 207 532 9025 between the hours of 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday or write to us at Capital Markets Team, 4th Floor, 47 Mark Lane, London EC3R 7QQ, stating that you are making a “Data Subject Access Request”.
Please let us know if you believe that we are using any inaccurate or incomplete personal data about you.
8.3 Other rights:
As determined by Data Protection Legislation, you may ask us to:
9. Marketing preferencesYour mortgage intermediary will have confirmed your marketing preferences to us when he submitted your mortgage application and confirmed whether you consent to us contacting you to tell you about other financial products that may suit you and give your information to other people to do the same. If you need confirmation of what marketing preferences you have selected please ask us or your intermediary.If you change your mind in the future you can withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by telling us.10. How long will personal data be retained?We store other information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.11. Who controls my data?The data controller of your information is Kensington Mortgage Company Limited.12. Queries and complaintsIf you have any questions about how your personal data is used or wish to complain, please contact:The Data Protection OfficerKensington Mortgage Company LimitedAscot HouseMaidenhead Office ParkMaidenhead SL6 3QQDPO@kensingtonmortgages.co.ukYou have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk) whose contact details are:Information Commissioner's OfficeWycliffe HouseWater LaneWilmslowCheshire SK9 5AFTel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
- Erase the personal data we hold and use about you (right of erasure);
- Restrict the way in which we hold and use your personal data (right of restriction);
- Provide you with your data in a re-usable structure, or transmit this to another party as your request (Right of Data Portability);
- Stop holding or using your data for specific reasons, including marketing (right to object).
Please note that in most circumstances we are unable to cater for these rights as your personal information is necessary for the processing of your mortgage.
8.4 Automated processing:
You also have the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing (e.g. taken solely by a computer) where this decision has a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
- If you would like to exercise any of the rights mentioned in 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4, or for further information in relation to the way in which we process your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer on DPO@kensingtonmortgages.co.uk or write to The Data Protection Officer, via the details in section 12 below.
- You can find out more about your rights, and how to exercise them, or refer any concerns you have to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www. ico.org.uk or call their helpline on 0303 123 1113).